Powerful Tips to Stand Out in GDPIs of Management Institutes
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management Conducting GD/PI 2018-2020 Batch
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management (AIM) has announced admissions for PGDM programs 2018-2020.
The GD/PI selection process will be conducted at Delhi Campus, Lucknow, Patna, Allahabad, Kanpur, Varanasi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Siliguri, Indore, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Ranchi, Gorakhpur, Dehradun, Hyderabad and Udaipur. Candidate can choose the centre for selection process according to his/her convenience.
AIM is a leading B-School in Delhi with more than two decades of experience. The institute has developed a niche for its existing programs that totally focus on developing business leaders with intellectual abilities. It offers 2-years PGDM programmes in General Management, Marketing, International Business, and Banking & Financial Services. The courses are duly recognized by All India Council for Technical Education, MHRD, Govt. of India.
AIM has also recently introduced an MBA Program in Healthcare Management in collaboration with Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, also known as RUDN University. The program will offer a real advantage to aspirants to attain an international MBA Degree at Indian cost, which means students of this program will be taking a fully sponsored study program in Russia in their 4th semester at RUDN University.
Since 1996, AIM has been delivering excellence in management education, and has recently been ranked top 9th Best Private B-School in Delhi NCR (source: Business Today MDRA Survey 2017).
Now, let’s get to the tips and tricks to successfully clear GD and PI rounds:
The main purpose of any group discussion is to exchange different thoughts on a particular issue to have a clearer picture of the same. GD is considered as one of the most preferred and effective tools in assessing your personality. Communication skills, content, group dynamics, attitude, leadership and confidence are some of the key parameters observed during GD.
5 Tips to practice during GD
- Be positive and confident,
- While speaking always maintain an eye contact, speak politely and try to use simple words,
- Try to initiate GD at right points and ensure participation with appropriate content, facts and figures
- Be sensible and always deliver relevant speech and try to keep a logical approach during GD
- Listen patiently when others are speaking and never interrupt others
Personal Interviews give a clear view regarding candidate’s future goals. PI’s are very unpredictable and in order to impress your judges, students need to be extra cautious of what they are speaking. PIs help a student to earn some more points by sharing his/her accomplishments one-to-one. To stand out in your personal interviews, students need to be updated on the latest happenings in and around the world. Questionnaire may include questions regarding your background, hobbies, origin, etc.
5 Tips to successfully clear PI
- Always arrive prior to the interview and dress formally,
- Introduce yourself in a brief and formal manner and try to be polite,Always give short and crisp answers and try to support your answers with examples,
- Always maintain a good eye contact,
- Do ask again if a question is not clear to you
Be confident you will definitely hit your goals. I wish you good luck.