Seeking career opportunities in International Business
PGDM IB or International Business is a management programme that has been in much demand since past one decade as the national boundaries are ceasing to exist and businesses are expanding their wings. It’s a two year full-time post-graduation programme and is duly recognized by AICTE and Ministry of HRD (Govt. of India).
To get enrolled in PGDM (IB), an aspirant should have to have at least 50% marks (as total aggregate) in his or her graduation from a recognized university.
The aspirants are also required to have cleared an MBA entrance test such as CAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT, XAT, MAT, and State CET tests as per the guidelines laid down by AICTE.
Here’s a gist of what a student can expect from a PGDM programme in International Business: This programme provides a thorough understanding of international strategies and concepts adopted to manage businesses globally.
• Special emphasis is put on the export and import policies of India, documentation and the concepts of international finance apart from the regular business concepts.
• It deals in detail with the legal aspects of International Business and imparts the skills and tools needed to take quick decisions in global business scenario.
• The business operational practices and international marketing studies prepare the students to become global entrepreneurs.
• The programme involves a lot of case studies and interaction with industry experts to understand the pragmatic aspect of international business. The theoretical concepts are blended with practical industry exposure to develop students with practical hands-on understanding of business work environment.
• Summer Internship is an essential part of this course. The students get hands-on experience of the work demands of Industry. After undergoing an 8 to 9 weeks of summer training, students understand the theoretical concepts better in classroom. One of the other advantages, this summer internships have is that corporates also offer a pre-placement offers to bright hardworking students which ensures them of a bright future ahead.
• In the second year of the programme, the students are required to choose elective subjects of their choice. They can choose electives from any stream of their choice which includes subjects like international marketing, trade data analytics, global sourcing and business development, international economics and competitive strategy, international business law, etc.
The overall aim of this program is to develop the skills and the competencies needed to do businesses at the global level. Through structured and well-planned approach, it builds competencies to deal with dynamic and ever changing field of foreign trade.
The programme is highly demanding, productive and informative by nature. The students are trained and equipped with talents and skills to outshine their personalities to become global leaders.
Post successful completion of a PGDM IB programme at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, students get opportunities in the roles of procurement managers, international business analysts, international financial analysts, overseas business development managers, product managers, global supply chain managers, foreign currency managers etc.
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management also offers a 3-year part-time PGDM programme for business executives. The programme is suitable for the middle or senior level executives who wish to take their careers a notch level higher. It’s a 3-year part-time programme with many case studies and project work and equips the executives with tons of business skills. We’ve now opened admissions for batch 2018-20. Those interested in our PGDM programmes can get in touch with us at +91-11-42094800 or 8287252525. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.