What should you look for in a B- school in India?
- Top private B-schools in India: You are pretty clear about pursuing a management programme and making a career in the corporate world. But you don’t seem to have the same clarity when it comes to picking a b-school for doing the programme. Don’t worry. We’ve got your covered. In this post, we’ll share with you a couple of tips to help you decide on the best B-school for your PGDM or MBA programme.
- Placement Record: You will be investing a lot of time and money into a management programme. At Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, we offer 4 full-time PGDM programmes in General Management, Marketing, International Business, and Banking & Financial Services. A PGDM at our institute will cost you approx. 8,95,000. However, at the same time, our programmes are designed for astounding returns. In fact, since 1996, we’ve been empowering our students with 100% job placements with leading national and international companies including Ernst & Young, Moody’s, ITC Ltd., Reliance, Kent RO, American Express, ICICI Bank, ICICI Securities, Naukri.com, Birla Sunlife, L’oreal India, and Flipkart.
For your PGDM or MBA, we suggest you to think about only the top private B-schools in India, and also ensure they have a great placement legacy.
- Faculty: Apt faculty with PhD degrees and relevant work experience is much needed while shortlisting any B-school. Generally, the higher the ranking of the B-school, the better academic exposure is expected from it.
As you would agree, the learning and exposure depends a lot on the faculty members The best way to understand this parameter for any college is to interact with the students of that college.
- Fee Structure: The fee cannot be taken as a direct measure to evaluate any business school. The fee structure varies greatly amongst the colleges. For somecolleges, the fee value is as high as 19 to 20 lakhs and for many others it is as low as 5 lakhs. But, this does not mean that higher the fee value, the better is the college. So, you should not blindly opt for a college with higher fees and should not strike off a college with lower fees.
The fee structure should be gauged in correlation with other benefits like placements and job roles. Basically, you need to understand the Return on Investment (ROI) that you are getting from your degree. At the end of your management course, you should be able to grab a good job offer. You need to study the placement record of every college carefully.
The best way to understand this is to interact with the alumni and current students of that college.
- Entrance Cut-off: Management programmes like PGDM or MBAare all about learning with peers by doing projects and activities in groups. Higher cut-off percentile ensures that the brighter students are absorbed by the college and hence the quality of peer learning is also better.
A better quality of students will improve the brand value of the college and in return, a higher ranking college will provide good salary offers. So, it’s all about working hard to get a better cut-off in entrance tests.
- Location of the college: The college should be located in a popular location of the city. For example, Asia-Pacific Institute of Management is strategically located at Jasola, South Delhi with close proximity to leading companies operating from Jasola, Okhla Phase I, II, III, Nehru Place, Mohan Cooperative, and Noida.
Infrastructure and other facilities: The top private B-schools in India should have to have a supporting infrastructure for adequate learning and development. At Asia-Pacific Healthcare Management, we boast of a fully wi-fi enabled campus, a fully equipped library with latest journals and publications, a huge auditorium for cultural fests and industry meets, a strong industry interaction unit to build contacts with industry, on-campus residential facilities, cafeteria, etc.
Important: We’ve our admissions open for our AICTE and MHRD (Govt. of India) approved PGDM programmes. If you’re planning to apply for a PGDM programme from a top B-school in Delhi NCR, or have a query about our programmes or faculty, pls get in touch with us at +91-11-42094800, or 8287-2525-25
You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.