Dr. Harish Kumar, received his Ph.D. in 2018 from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. His research on “Indian Smart City Mission Projects: Study of Select Issues” explores smart city transformation, selecting a smart city, determinants of smart governance for effective implementation, smart neighborhood design, digital residential address, learning solutions in case of calamities and framework for socio-digital planning environment. He has participated/attended the reputed conferences such as ICEGOV, IFIP (e-business, e-service, e-society), IEEE, ICEG, Young Scientist’s Conclave and Startup India Conclave.
List of Publications- Journal Articles
- Kumar, H., Singh, M. K., Gupta, M. P., & Madaan, J. (2018). Moving towards smart cities: Solutions that lead to the Smart City Transformation Framework. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier (Available online, Corrected proof) ABDC A, ABS 3*, Impact Factor, 3.129
- Kumar, H., Singh, M. K., & Gupta, M. P. (2019). A policy framework for city eligibility analysis: A TISM and fuzzy-MICMAC weighted approach to select a city for smart city transformation in India. Land Use Policy, Vol. 82, pp. 375-390.Elsevier. ABDC A, Impact Factor, 3.194
- Kumar, H., Singh, M. K., & Gupta, M. P. (2018). Socio-influences of users’ generated content in emerging markets. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, Vol. 36 Issue: 7, pp.722-736. Emerald Publications. ABDC A, ABS 1*, Impact factor 1.421
- Singh, M. K., Kumar, H., Gupta, M. P. &Madaan, J. (2018). Competitiveness of the Indian electronics manufacturing industry: an interpretive structural modeling approach. Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 22 Issue: 1, pp.88-116. Emerald publications. Scopus Indexed Journal, Cite Score, 1.59, ABDC B
- Singh, M. K., Kumar, H., Gupta, M. P., &Madaan, J. (2018). Analyzing the Determinants Affecting the Industrial Competitiveness of Electronics Manufacturing in India by Using TISM and AHP. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 1-17. Springer. Scopus IndexedJournal, Cite Score, 1.71
- Kumar, H., Singh, M. K., Gupta, M. P. &Madaan, J. (2018). Smart neighborhood: A TISM approach to reduce urban polarization for the sustainable development of smart cities. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management, Vol. 9 Issue: 2, pp. 210-226. Scopus indexedjournal, Cite Score, 1.23
- Kumar, H., Singh, M.K. and Gupta, M.P. (2017). Evaluating the competitiveness of Indian metro cities: in smart city context. Int. J. Information Technology and Management, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp.333–347. Scopus IndexedJournal, Cite Score, 0.31
- Singh, M. K., Kumar, H., Gupta, M. P. &Madaan, J. (2017). Information communication Technology advancements and Indian electronics manufacturing productivity: an AHP approach. Global Journal of E-Business and Knowledge Management, published by GIFT Society (ISSN: 0973-2055).
- Kumar, H. & Gupta, M. P. (2018). The effective design and implementations of policies in smart cities contexts: A conceptual framework on socio-digital-planning environment. Book- Digital India: Reflections and Practice, Springer- 2018.
- Kumar, H., Singh, M. K., Gupta, M. P. &Madaan, J. (2017). Digitized residential address system: A necessity towards the faster service delivery and smart cities development in India. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Book- Digital Nations - Smart Cities, Innovation & Sustainability.Springer International Publishing.
- Singh, M. K., Kumar, H., Gupta, M. P., Madaan, J. (2018). A Glimpse of Sustainable Electronics Manufacturing for India: A Study using PEST-SWOT Analysis. In Global Value Chains, Flexibility and Sustainability under the Book Series on Flexible Systems Management (Springer).
- Singh, M. K., Kumar, H. and Gupta, M. P. (2017). Role of manufacturing sector to develop smart economy: A competitiveness study between India and China. In Taylor & Francis. Book- Advances in Smart Cities – Smarter People, Governance and Solutions.CRC Press, UK. ISBN: 9781498795708.
- Kumar, H., Singh, M. K., & Gupta, M. P. (2016). Smart Governance for Smart Cities: A Conceptual Framework from Social Media Practices. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science. In Book-Social Media: Good, Bad and ugly (pp. 628-634).Springer International Publishing.
- Singh, M. K., Kumar, H., Gupta, M. P., &Madaan, J. (2016). The Social Media Cone: Towards Achieving the Manufacturing Competitiveness Goals. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science. In Book - Social Media: Good, Bad and ugly(pp. 53-58). Springer International Publishing.
- Gupta, S., Mustafa, S., &Kumar, H. (2017). Smart people for smart cities: A behavioral framework for personality and roles. Taylor & Francis. In Book- Advances in Smart Cities – Smarter People, Governance and Solutions.CRC Press, UK. ISBN: 9781498795708.
Conference publications (National/International)
- Kumar, H., Singh, M.K., Gupta M. P. (2018, Apr). Smart mobility: Crowdsourcing solutions for smart transport system in smart cities context. ACM Press, ICEGOV 2018. Ireland, UK.
- Kar, S., Kumar, H., Gupta, M P. (2018, Apr). Telecommunication infrastructure for smart cities: Using ISM to identify driving factors. ACM Press, ICEGOV 2018. Ireland, UK.
- Kumar, H., Singh, M. K., Gupta, M. P. &Madaan, J. (2017, Sept). Education in Emergencies: Smart learning solutions and role of governance to mitigate the challenges. 3rd IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication and Automation (ICACCA-2017), IEEE proceedings, Sept, 14-16, 2017, Dehradun, India.
- Singh, M. K., Kumar, H., Gupta, M. P., and Madaan, J. (2016, Dec). Adopting Sustainable Manufacturing: the Case of Indian Electronics Manufacturing Industries. International Conference andProceedings of GLOGIFT 16, December 4-6, 2016, University of Technology, Sydney
- Singh, M. K., Gupta, M. P., Madaan, J., and Kumar, H. (2016, Dec). Competitive Measurement of the Indian Electronics Manufacturing Industries: Using the Analytical Hierarchy Process. Proceedings of GLOGIFT 16, December 4-6, 2016, University of Technology, Sydney.
1. Kumar, H., Singh, M.K., Gupta, M.P., Madaan, J. (2017, Mar). Smartness in smart cities: ICT based crowd-sourced solutions to make cities smart. Research Conclave 2017. IIT Guwahati, India.
2. Kumar, H., Singh, M.K., Gupta, M.P. (2016, Apr). Smart City: A smart approach for the urbanization. Open House, 2016.IIT Delhi, India.
Smart City Analytics &Internet of Things (IoT)
IT for Managers, MIS, E-business, Internet of Things (IoT), Business Analytics (using Data Mining)