Dr Saumya has done her Master of Science in Finance from ICFAI University Dehradun and then has successfully completed her Ph.D. in Risk Management from Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University. She holds a rich experience of teaching finance since last 11 years. She is a permanent member of Indian Economic Association Council. She has published her research papers in UGC Care listed Journal as well as in peer reviewed journals in the field of finance and risk management.
- "Enterprise Risk Management: A Historical Probe and Future Possibility with an Eye upon India". Shabdarnav (2019).
- "Reflective Insights on Managing Risks in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations". Beyond Deciplines (2018).
- "Indian National Economic Development and its Inclusive Management". The Indian Economic Journal (2017).
- "Risk Management: A tool of Progressive and Sustainable Economic Growth". Bihar Economic Journal (2016).
- "Understanding Risk and its Mitigation". Shabdarnav (2015).