Faculty Dr. Monika Makhija
Dr. Monika Makhija has completed her Ph.D. as Research Associate at Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) under Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur. Her topic for thesis is, “Assessing the significance of social media in recruitment among Indian IT firms”. She holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration with dual specialization in HR and Marketing and bachelor’s degree in science from HNB Garhwal university, Uttarakhand. She has over 10 years of teaching experience at various reputed institutes and is currently working at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi. She has taught various subjects like Organizational behaviour, Management concepts, Human resource management, Entrepreneurship Development, Business Communication, Talent Acquisition, Retention and Engagement, Organizational Design and Development, Recruitment and Selection, Performance and Compensation to MBA and PGDM students. She has published various research papers in many reputed journals like IJRAR, Amity business review, IJRMSS, Manthan etc. She has also participated in various conferences and seminars at National and International Level.
Research and Publication
- A case study on “Challenges Faced by EASYRATION.COM (AN ONLINE GROCERY STORE)” in International Journal of research In Management & Social Science: ISSN: 2322-0899
- Research Paper on “Emerging Role of Innovation in Entrepreneurship in Present Scenario” in Journal of Management Engineering and Information Technology: ISSN: 2394-8124
- Research Paper on “Recruitment Model for Assessing Active And Passive Candidates” in International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR): ISSN: 2348-1269
- Research Paper on “A Qualitative Study on Impact of Whistle-Blowers on Performance of the Organization” in International Journal of Engineering Sciences and Research Technology: ISSN: 2277-9655
- Research Paper on “Impact of Social Media usage in Recruitment in Indian IT industry” in Amity Business Review Vol. 19, No. 2, July- December 2018: ISSN: 0972-2343
- Paper Presentation on “Emerging Role of Innovation in Entrepreneurship in Present Scenario” in National Seminar on “Corporate Entrepreneurship in Present Scenario” organized by Sri Agrasen Kanya PG College, Varanasi
- Paper Presentation on “A Qualitative Study on Impact of Whistle-Blowers on Performance of the Organization” in 4th National Conference on “Contemporary Reforms in Management, Economy and Applied Business” organized by Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, University of Delhi
- Contributed research paper on, “Impact of Job seekers’ profile on Social Networking Websites in the recruitment process in Indian IT firms” in International Conference on Economic Slowdown: Scope of Transformation and Innovation (ASBIC-2020) on Ist February 2020.
- Research paper titled, “Impact of Job Seekers’ profile on Social Networking Websites in the recruitment process in Indian IT firms”, published in MANTHAN: Journal of Commerce and Management Jan-June issue 2020.
Areas of Interest
- Subjects Taken:
- Consumer Behaviour
- Organization Behaviour
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Personality Development
- Business Communication
- Management concepts and Indian Ethos
- Research methodology
- Business Environment
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Entrepreneurship and small business management
- Handling the responsibility of class coordinator.
- Project supervisor for final year MBA and BBA students.
- Part of Event Management team for organizing culture fest and events.
- 10 years of teaching experience at various reputed institutes and is currently working at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi.
- 02 years of industrial experience.
Achievement & Awards
- Completed Online Certification Course on Entrepreneurship Development from MLSU, Udaipur in Collaboration with GGTU, Banswara.
- Attended FDP on, “Research methodology and analytical tools”, at Jaipuria Institute of management, Ghaziabad.
- Participated at management conclave 2019 on, “MSMEs: Prospects and Challenges”, at Delhi Technical Campus.
- Attended FDP on, “Online Learning Pedagogy and Effective Use of Case Methodology” conducted between 17th-21st May 2020 organized by ASM Group of Institutions.
- Participated at Management Conclave on, “Management Blended Learning”, organized by Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur from 29th-31st May 2020.
- Attended Webinar on, “Quintessential social media skills required for business students” on 29th May 2020 at Prestige Institute of institutions, Gwalior.