Faculty Dr. Shruti Gupta
Dr. Shruti Gupta is a PhD. from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi), Department of Management, in the area of Marketing. Her dissertation examined the antecedents of consumer behaviour with respect to Cause Based Marketing, also known as Passion Branding, in India. She was awarded PGDM degree from International Management Institute (IMI) New Delhi with dual specialisation in marketing and finance.She has qualified UGC Net examination and was awarded JRF as well. She was also awarded B.Com (honours) with first division from Delhi University. She has over 8 years of Research and teaching experience.Her teaching and research interests pertains to the domain of Cause-Related Marketing, Strategic Management, Consumer Behaviour, Brand Management and Marketing Research. She has published in various refereed journals of repute and presented at conferences. She is currently working as an associate professor, marketing in Asia Pacific Institute of management, New Delhi.
Research and Publication
- “Consumers Motivation for participating in Cause Related marketing: An exploratory study" published in Indian Journal Of Marketing ( ISSN 0973-8307, IC Value: 5.09, NAAS Rating 4.03, Indexed on Scopus) ,P 36- 47, January 2015( Vol 45, Issue 1)
- “Exploring the Relationship between Demographic factors and the consumers buying behavior towards Cause Based Marketing: an assessment study" published in Indian Journal Of Marketing ( ISSN 0973-8307, IC Value: 5.09, NAAS Rating 4.03, Indexed on Scopus) , October 2015( Vol 45, Issue 10 )
Papers under progress:
- “Segmenting the consumers of Cause Related Marketing on psychographic attributes in emerging economy – The case of India (Under review)
- Antecedents Of Cause Marketing: An Assessment Of Psychographics, Demographics And The Campaign Related Structural Elements On The Consumer’s Purchase Behavior”(under Review)
- Presented my paper “Cause Related Marketing: An Assessment of Campaign Related Con-structural Elements And The Demographics On The Consumer’s Responses”in the Conference on Brand Management 2016 at IIT Delhi (16-17 April, 2016),conference abstract proceedings got published by Emerald of the same , as well.
- Presented the paper “Cause Marketing: Building Brand by Doing Good” in international conference of smart cities, held at IIT New Delhi, in association with European union, and Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland in 2015.
- Participated in the National Seminar on CSR at PHD chamber, on 24th September 2012
- Attended the conference on sustainable business practices by Aditya Birla group at epicenter Gurgaon, at 19th-20 November 2013
- Served as “Rapporteur” in the National Seminar by Dpt. Of Commerce, JMC, Delhi University, Feb 2008
- Contributed to writing the book ?Excellence In School education IV? by Scholastic India Pvt. Ltd published in Oct 2013
- Attended the Two day workshop on Business Research techniques on April 26-17 2014 at IBS Gurgaon
- Attended the one day workshop on “Research Methods and SPSS” by Institute of charted management association on 12th April 2014, New Delhi.
- Attended the “Experiments in Business and Policy” workshop at Indian Institute of Management (IIMA)
Management Development Programs (MDPs):
- Held sessions on “Cause Based Marketing”, “Consumer Behaviour” and “Sales & Marketing Management” in the MDPs at IIT Delhi, (DMS) in Feb’2016 attended by various National Sales heads of the MNCs such as Blue dart, Infosys, Amul, Carlson Rezidor, Havells, Willet, oriental motors, Fortis Healthcare etc.
- Carried out the training sessions as a part of the MDP Programme for the “Everest Industries Ltd” over the period of 6 months i.e. Sep- March (2015-16) at DMS, IIT Delhi.
- Took lecture sessions on the various marketing management disciplines i.e. on Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Branding, Sales Management etc. for the participants
- Acted as the faculty mentor of a group and headed the group, guiding them through their projects and other assignments.
- Mentored the participants, adopting the case study methodology and group discussions.
- Reviewed their work on a continuous basis, over the period of training and aided in the actual implementation of the same, at their respective domains in their organization.
- Teaching and Research Interests: Cause Based Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Management, Brand Management, Marketing Research, Advertising and Sales Promotions, Marketing Communications.
Areas of Interest
Achievement & Awards
- Awarded All India certificate of merit for “Business Studies” in class XII CBSE Board (secured 98%Marks) in 2005
- Awarded All India certificate of merit for “Social Science” in class X CBSE Board (secured 97%Marks) in 2003
- Received certificate of merit from NMOC for National Mathematics Olympiad in 2002, and 2003
- Awarded certificate of talent in All India talent search examination conducted by “children’s education trust of India”
- Received Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from UGC, Ministry of Human Resource Department (MHRD) in 2010
- Designed the Experiment and was judged and certified as the “Experiment with Social Promise” at Summer School Indian Institute of management Ahmedabad (IIM-A), June 2014
- B.com (H) (2006-2008) from Jesus and Mary college, Delhi ;Delhi university (73% Marks) , First Division.
- Matriculation and Senior Secondary from Summer Fields School; CBSE Board (88.6% and 89.4% Marks respectively)
- Completed the basic course in French language by ModilinguaCenter of Modern Language, New Delhi, June2003