Faculty Dr. Vishal Shukla
Dr. Vishal Shukla
Assistant Professor - Marketing
- An expertise of Marketing Research and Analytics
- Proficient in Conducting training of SPSS tools and Techniques (Advanced Level)
- Research-oriented approach in teaching
- Have Administrative capabilities pertaining to Institution building
- Have a rich experience of global education standards while conducting online classes for a few of the students from the U.S. and European universities
- Hard working professional with aim to cater quality education
- Learning and sharing attitude in knowledge
Research and Publication
- Shukla, V. (in press). Electric Vehicles in India: Current Trends and Future Forecasts. International Journal of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles(Scopus and ESCI Indexed)
- Mohammed, A.S., Shukla, V., &Pandey, A.C.(in press). Enhancing Sentiment Analysis using Enhanced Whale Optimization Algorithm. International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems (Indexed in Scopus and ACM Digital Library)
- Shukla, V., Srivastava, P.K., Kumar, P.,& Kumar, Y. (2019). Apparel Retail Store Choice among Gen Y Consumers: Importance-Performance Analysis. Asian-African Journal of Economics and Econometrics, 19(2), pp. 209-217(Listed in ABDC ‘C’ Category)
- Pandey, A. C., Rajpoot, D. S., Saraswat, M., &Shukla, V. (2017). Twitter sentiment analysis using hybrid cuckoo search method. Information Processing & Management, 53(4), pp. 764-779.(Scopus and SSCI indexed, IF= 2.391, listed in Category ‘B’ of ABDC List)
- Shukla, V., Mohammed, A. S., &Pandey, A. C. (2019). Enhancing Sentiment Analysis using Enhanced Whale Optimization Algorithm. International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems. (Scopus and SCI indexed) (Accepted for Publication)
- Shukla, V., &Kumar, H. (2014). Jugaad to grassroot innovations: understanding the landscape of the informal sector innovations in India. African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation and Development, 6(1), pp. 13-22.(Scopus indexed and listed in ABDC ‘B’category)
- Shukla, V., &Hameed, A. (2016). Lights and purchases: an analytical study of purchase behavior.International Journal of Social Science and Interdisciplinary Research, 5(5), pp. 76-82.
- Shukla, V., &Hameed, A. (2016). Customer preferences juxtaposed to the service facilities with respect to credit services. International Journal of Marketing Financial Services and Management Research, 5(5), pp.70-79.
- Alam, F., &Shukla, V. (2016). Effective Utilization of Data Mining Techniques for Digital Security. International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science, 5(12), pp. 19274-19282(UGC Listed)
- Adlakha, A., &Shukla, V. (2014). Impact of Organized Retail Outlets on Unorganized Small Shops and Hawkers in Uttarakhand. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, 4(3), pp. 171-187.
- Shukla, V. (2013). Indian Rural Market Opportunities and Challenges. Trans Asian Journal of Marketing &ManagementResearch, 2(2), pp. 40-47.
- Pathak, V. K., Shukla, V., & Singh, M. (2013). Customers' Perception of ICT Based Services of State Bank of India. Pragyaan Journal of Management 11(1), pp. 18-22
- Shukla, V. (2012). Communication Strategies in the Indian Rural Markets: An Effective Way to Tap the Hinterland. Anukriti, 2(3), pp. 265-270
- Shukla, V. (2012). Rural ecommercein India: A profitable digital transformation. ShodhDrishti, 3(3), pp. 351-356
International (held Abroad)
- Vishal Shukla&AmitAdlakha (2014). Mapping Flexibility in Retail Strategy: A Study on Opportunities and Challenges for Uttarakhand (Pages: 382393). 7th International Conference on Contemporary Business, Organized by Curtin University, Singapore and IIT-Delhi.Held at Singapore.
National (held in India)
- Vishal Shukla (2017). The Effectiveness of Corporate Democracy in India. International Conference on Corporate Governance: Retrospects and Prospects. Organized by Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad.
- Vishal Shukla, Mitushi Singh and S.K. Dubey (2009). ICT for Rural Development.International Conference on Agripreneurship and Rural Development,Organized by FMS, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Vishal Shukla, Mitushi Singh and S.K. Dubey (2009). Indian Retail Marketing: Issues and Challenges.International Conference on Marketing and Business Strategy, Organized by IBS- Hyderabad.
- Vishal Shukla and S.K. Dubey (2009). Rural e-Commercein India: A Profitable Digital Transformation. 2nd Conference onMarketing to Rural Consumers organized by IIM-Kozhikode.
- Vishal Shukla&Biju Varghese (2012). Employability Skills among the budding Professionals: A Case Study of the Management Students of the Kottayam District. Conference on Contemporary Relevance of Mahamana’s Vision and Thought, Organized by FMS-BHU,Varanasi.
Areas of Interest
- Conducted a FDP on Data Analysis and SEM Techniques in Behavioral Sciences at IMS, Ghaziabad (May 06-10, 2019).
- Conducted a FDP on Advance Research Methodology and Modeling Techniques at IMS, Ghaziabad(May 07-11, 2018).
- Worked as a Joint Organizing Secretary of International Conference on Agripreneurship and Rural Development, Organized by FMS-BHU, 2009.
- Worked as a Student Coordinator for Training and Placement during M.B.A. 2005-07.
- College Captain during the period 1995-96.
- Currently working as an Assistant Professor at Asia Pacific Institute of Management (AIM), New Delhi
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad (July, 2015-Dec 2019)
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at IMS-Unison University (formerly Institute of Management Studies), Dehradun. (April, 2013-June, 2015). Taught at both UG (BBA) and PG (MBA) level.
- Guided one Ph.D. (Thesis defended successfully and Degree Awarded) and oneisongoing (Submission due).
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at SSIMT, Lucknow, taught PGDM Students Marketing Management, Marketing of Services and Marketing Research. Also handled the responsibilities of an Examination Controller. (August, 2012-March, 2013).
Achievement & Awards
- Awarded with Silver Medal in Science Competition, National Talent Search Contest (Junior Level), 1993
- Won corporate presentation conteston “Technical Trends in Corporate Sector-2006” held at GHS-IMR, Kanpur.
- Won paper presentation competitionon “To do Business is not the Business of the Government” held at ICFAI National College, Kanpur.
- Conferred with N.C.C. A –Level Certificate