Faculty Ms. Nilanjana B. Kaul
Ms. Nilanjana B. Kaul is a Post Graduate Degree holder in International Relations from Jadavpur University, Kolkata. This is in the sphere of International Politics, Current affairs, Diplomatic studies, International law etc. Russian Language was a part of her 2 year Master Degree Program in the 8 papers at her University. Ms. Kaul built her further career on and is an expert in Russian Language with 5 years dedicated formal training in the same at various levels and stages. She is a UGC Certified trainer in Russian Language from Central Institute of English & Foreign Languages (CIEFL), Hyderabad.
Research and Publication
- Ms. Nilanjana B. Kaul has presented paper in Egypt in Cairo being jointly invited by the Institute of Oriental Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow AND Egyptian Russian University, Al-Badr, Cairo along with scholars from Russia and EU countries on the “Cultural Traditions of Egypt and The Orient: From Antiquity to Globalization”. Ms. Kaul was the only representative of India in the Conference to have moderated a session with own paper presented on “Peace and Cultural Traditions of India for a stable world order”.
- Ms. Kaul has translated a book of Tagore from Bengali into English (Riddle Plays) that is selected and available in Libraries of repute like National Library, Kolkata, Madison Library, University of Wisconsin and University of Chicago.
- Her translation works from core material are many for the scholars, with written acknowledgements from them in the Introductory Acknowledgement of such publications.
Areas of Interest
- Language & linguistics, Political studies, Diplomatic & Current Affairs, Trends in World Socio-Economic scenario, Legal issues.
- Mentoring students, Effective Administration and Management of Organizations, News & Sports.
- Ms. Kaul has 25+ years experience in Industry & academics concerning Russian Language as Interpreter, translator, language trainer. She has handled high-profile assignments, deputed for assignments in the signing of Inter-Governmental MoUs with national media coverage through various stages of her journey in this profession. After a short commission in Moscow in an Indian enterprise, Ms. Kaul returned to India and joined TyazhPromExport (a conglomerate of Russian Engineers-Experts in the field of Heavy Industries) and has wide experience of 7 years in working in the JV of Steel Plant Modernization Projects in India under SAIL.
- Ms. Kaul engaged in business meets in Trade Fairs of various Chambers of Commerce in India, reputed Indian organizations of Industry. Ms. Kaul is equally interested in teaching and she was handling language teaching assignments for Diplomats and other reputed people and groups of students. She regularly helped scholars in the field of Doctoral, Post Doctoral Research, and Publication in translating for them from original Russian study/reference sources.
- She is a fairly travelled lady visited Russia, Egypt, and Sri Lanka so far.