Faculty Surabhi Goyal
Dr. Surabhi Goyal is Director and Professor at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi. She did her Post-Graduate Diploma in Management from IMT Ghaziabad in 1991 and majored in Human Resource Management (HRM) & Marketing and subsequently obtained her Doctorate from Allahabad University in 2000.
Dr. Goyal has over 20 years of experience in academics. She has published many case studies and articles which supplement her classroom teaching materials. She is a deep thinker and an inspiring speaker. In 2012, Dr. Goyal received the ‘Best Professor award by Headlines Today for her interactive, case-based and innovative teaching and training methodology. She has designed and conducted various MDPs for executives on themes like Team Building, Leadership, Understanding Self and Others, Self-Analysis, Goal Setting Value Actualization etc.
Dr. Goyal is actively involved in the fields of organizational development, human resource development, organization structure, and corporate training. Dr. Surabhi Goyal has addressed the executives of several organizations like NTPC, NHPC, CBI, IOCL, Telecommunications Consultants India Limited, NBCC, Hindustan Insecticides Limited, Projects & Development India Limited, SCOPE, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd., MMTC, RITES, Cement Corporation of India Ltd., Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd.
Dr. Surabhi Goyal’s specific areas of interest are: Managerial Effectiveness, Developing Inter-personal Skills, Self-Discovery, Time Management, Stress Management, Developing Negotiation Skills, Conflict Management, Developing Positive Attitude, Emotional intelligence, Value Actualization, Work-Life Balance etc.
Research and Publication
- Case study on A marriage of Inconvenience - Kingfisher Red, published in Indian journal of Management & research
- Case study on Nano-the Smart Car of India published in Management & Change, a refreed journal of IILM
- Chapter Contribution in Case study book written by Prof B. Bhattacharyya , Former Dean IIFT titled, Case study on Low cost Airlines - The Air Deccan.
- Case Study based on focus group discussion. The Male Skin Care of India integrated into class room teaching.
- Paper titled Broadband: The Changing face of India, published in journal of Indian Institute for Public Administration.
- Presented a paper titled Emergence and Sustenance of shopping malls at an International Conference on Services management organized by IIMT, New Delhi.
- An article titled Generating and Managing Creativity in Management published in the journal of IILM, Edge
- An article titled Women Reservation Bill, a game changer published in the political and Business daily
Consultancy & MDPs
Conducted MDPs for the senior managers from service sector at PHD chamber of Commerce on various marketing concerns of an industry
Areas of Interest
Academic area of interest is primely writing case studies in the Cconsumer psychology, Services marketing, Social marketing . Planning and executing new initiatives at place of work
Has an experience of 15 years and continues to hold passion for teaching all levels