MCA, M. Phil., Ph.D. Computer Sc. (Thesis Submitted) with 12 years’ experience in Industry and Academics.
Currently he is serving as Area Chairperson –IT, CSR Cell at the Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi. Prior to this he was associated as Assistant Professor with JK Padampat Singhania Institute of Management and Technology, Gurgaon (Member JK Organization) and Aggarwal College Faridabad as faculty in IT/ Computer Science. He has served EPFO, Govt. of India for more than two years as EDP Coordinator.
Prof. Mittal has 18 publications in the domain of Information Technology and Corporate Social Responsibility in the International Journals/ Book Chapters/ National Journals and Magazines. He has edited 08 books and is also associated with “CSR & Competitiveness” the monthly magazine published by INDIACSR Group as Sub-Editor.
Prof. Mittal has Chaired various International Conferences in India and abroad. Prof. Mittal has successfully organised 06 MDPs, 10 International Conferences and 06 National Seminars in the last few years. He is the recipient of the reputed Dewang Mehta Award for Best Professor in IT Management and was the finalist of the Pearson Teaching Awards 2016 for the All India Professors in the Higher Education Sector. He has attended several corporate events organised by PHDCCI, ASSOCHAM, CII and other organisations and presented his research at various conferences.
His areas of interest are E-Business, Digital Marketing, MIS, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development.
Area of expertise: E-Business, Management Information Systems and Applications of IT in Business.
Research Papers Published
- Saurabh, Kumar Vikas, “Study of Knowledge Management Models and their relevance in Organizations”, International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies, ISSN: 1743-8268, ACCEPTED (Scopus Indexed, ABDC Listed Journal)
- Saurabh, Kumar Vikas, “Adoption of Mobile Wallets in India: An Analysis”, in The IUP Journal of Information Technology, ISSN 0973-2896, Vol. XIV, No. 1, March 2018 (EBSCO, Proquest, Cabell Directory Indexed)
- Saurabh, Kumar Vikas, “Technology Integration for the success of B2C M-Commerce in India: Opportunities and Challenges”, in The IUP Journal of Information Technology, ISSN 0973-2896, Vol. VIII, No. 1 (EBSCO, Proquest, Cabell Directory Indexed)
- Kumar Poonam, Mittal Saurabh, “The Perpetration & Prevention Of Cyber Crime In India", in International Journal of Technoethics (IJT), Canada ISSN no. 1947-3451, Vol. 3(1), 28-42, January-March 2012 (Web of Science, SCOPUS, Compendex (Elsevier Engineering Index)
- Mittal, S., & Singh, A. (2014). “A Study of Cyber Crime and Perpetration of Cyber Crime in India”. In R. Luppicini (Ed.), Evolving Issues Surrounding Technoethics and Society in the Digital Age (pp. 171-186). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-4666-6122-6.ch011 (SCOPUS Indexed)
- Mittal Saurabh, Singh Ashu, “E-Recruitment in India: A study of major job-portals and upcoming trends”, Golden Research Thoughts ISSN: 2231-5063 Vol. III Issue.II/August 2013, pp 01-07. (EBSCO Indexed)
- Mittal Saurabh, “Lossless Data Compression For Energy Efficient transmission over Wireless Network” Business Intelligence Journal ISBN: 978-1-4251-8179-6 ISSN: 1918-2325 (EBSCO Listed) July 2012 Published by the Business Intelligence Service Secured Assets Yield Corporation Limited (London, UK)
- Mittal Saurabh, “Study of Knowledge Management Models and their relevance in organisations” Indian Streams Research Journal, ISRJ, ISSN 2230-7850 Vol. 6 Issue- 1, Feb 2016, (EBSCO Listed).
- Mittal Saurabh, “A Study of Lossless Data Compression Techniques for Energy Saving”, International Journal of Computational Intelligence: Theory and Practice, IJCITP, ISSN: 0973-5267 Vol. 7, No. 1, June 2012, pp. 53-59
- Mittal Saurabh, Kumar Poonam, Tiwari Veena, “Digital India: Un-Explored Horizon for Economic Development”, International Journal of Research in IT & Management (IJRIM) ISSN No.2231-4334 Volume 1, Issue 8 (December 2011)
- Mittal Saurabh, Singh Ashu “A study of Mobile Marketing as effective channel of marketing in India” Marketing Dynamics ISBN : 978-93-81-7993-9 Aruna Publications Feb 2013
- Mittal Saurabh, Singh Ashu, “A Study of Business Value of Employee Participation in CSR Activities”, India At the Cross Roads The Way Ahead, ISBN: 978-93-5143-105-3 LexisNexis (A division of Elsevier India), pp 735-744.
- Mittal Saurabh, Agarwal Rashmi & Naidu Kishore, “Analytical Review of Green Information Technology in Present Scenario” Presented in International Conference on Green-IT & Open Source organised by Singad Institute of Management & University of Pune during 20th - 22th February, 2010 and published in the Conference Proceedings ISBN 93-80043-89-9.
- Mittal Saurabh, Agarwal Rashmi & Singh Umander, “Securing the Information Network” Presented in GJU Hissar National Conference on Role and Applications of Information and Communication Technologies in Inaccessible Areas, organised by Deptt. of Computer Sc. & Engg., GJUS&T, Hisar from 17th & 18th March, 2010 under UGC-SAP.
- Mittal Saurabh, Agarwal Rashmi: “Green IT” Presented in National Conference organised by Hindustan Institute of Computers & Management Studies, Agra, during 23-24th February, 2010 and published in the Conference Proceedings.
- Research Article on “Role Of Information Technology in Management Education” published on reputed website for Management Education Information: http://www.indianmba.com/Faculty_Column/FC1015/fc1015.html
Paper Presentation in Conferences
- Mittal Saurabh, Aggarwal Shalini, “CSR- A Case Study Of The Satyabharti School Program”, presented at The International Conference on Sustainable Management, May 25-27th 2018, ICSM 2018, Organised by IIM Kashipur, Uttarakhand, India
- Mittal Saurabh, “Brand Recall through Gaming in New Media Advertising” at the National Conference on Business Excellence organised by Delhi Technical Campus, Greater Noida, India on 09th March 2018.
- Mittal Saurabh, Kumar Vikas, “Technology Integration for the Success of B2C M-Commerce in India: Opportunities and Challenges” Paper presented at Manthan 2016, National Conference organized by Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal on 30th September 2016.
- Mittal Saurabh, Agarwal Rashmi & Singh Umander, “Review of Success of ATMs and Challenges for Modern Banking in Rural Penetration” paper in Absentia at International Conference on Technology and Business Management organised by IMT-Dubai during 16th - 18th March, 2010.
- Singh Ashu, Mittal Saurabh, “HR, the Best Route and Tool for Effective CSR Implementation” in CSR Mandate, Volume 1, Issue 1, June-July, 2013, Page 30-33
- Mittal Saurabh, Singh Ashu, “A Study of Mobile Marketing as effective channel of marketing in India”, Paper presented in the “National Conference on Recent Trends in Marketing-Opportunities and Challenges”, organised by NIT Tiruchirapalli, on 20th Feb 2013.
- Mittal Saurabh, Mukherjee Harsha, “Compendium on Extractive Industries & Sustainable Development”, Enriched Publication, ISBN 978-819346344-4.
- Mittal Saurabh, Kumar Rusen, Singh Rana, “Best Practices in CSR: Learning and Future Ahead”, Edited Book, Enriched Publications, ISBN 978-163535800-1
- Mittal Saurabh, Gupta Anu, “Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainable Development”, Edited Book, Enriched Publications ISBN 978-162776601-2 June 2013.
- Kumar Vikas, Mittal Saurabh, “Leveraging IT for Competitive Advantage”, Edited Book, Enriched Publication ISBN 978-1-62590-597-0.
- Mittal Saurabh “CSR & Competitiveness”, Edited Book, Allied Publishers ISBN 978-81-8424-762-6 May 2012
Mittal Saurabh “Lossless Data Compression”, Book published by Lembart Academic Publishing, Germany ISBN No. 978-3-6529-22168
Area of expertise: E-Business, Management Information Systems and Applications of IT in Business.
His experience in academic industry spans more than ten years. Before joining Asia Pacific Institute of Management, he was associated as Assistant Professor with JK Padampat Singhania Institute of Management & Technology, Gurgaon (Member JK Organisation) for three years. Before that he has worked with Aggarwal College Faridabad as faculty in IT/ Computer Science. He has served EPFO, Govt. of India for more than two years as EDP Coordinator. He has worked on projects like ERP Solution for Academic Institutes at SR Infotech, Gurgaon.
- Assistant Editor of JK Journal of Management & Technology Vol. 1, No. 1, June, 2009. ISSN: 0975-0924
- Member of Editorial Committee of the book Managing Talent for Growth & Sustainability. ISBN: 0978-81-89855-15-8.
- Member: Self Instructional Material (SIM) Development Team for MIS and Computers in Management for JK Business School, Distance Learning Program.
Major Achievements & Associations
- “Best Professor Award- Information Technology” 21st Dewang Mehta Award, conferred on 23rd October 2013 at Taj Lands End, Mumbai. http://www.bschoolaffaire.com/bsa_2013.html
- Finalist in the Pearson Teaching Awards 2014 as “Best Professor in category Higher Education – Innovation in Teaching (Post-Graduation) – Private”. www.pearsonteachingawards.in/finalists
- Keynote Speaker at International Conference on the theme of “Digital Economy” organised by UG Economics Faculty, Gunadarma University, Indonesia organized at Kampus L2 Universitas Gunadarma, Mutiara Taman Palem Blok C7 Cengkareng, in Jakarta on 25th July 2017.
- Session Chair- 4th International Conference (IBA-IC 2014) on “INDIA AT THE CROSSROADS: The Way Ahead” on February 07-08, 2014 at IBA Campus, Plot No. 44, Knowledge Park-3, Greater Noida
- Session Chair- International Conference on Global Performance Challenges: Building and Sustaining Competitiveness, on September 11-12, 2014 Organised by AMITY University, Gurgaon, India
- Session Chair- National Conference is 'Professionalism for Sustainable Development- Barriers and Pathways, Feb 2015 organised by Lingaya's Lalita Devi Institute of Management & Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Keynote Speaker at The 4th International Conference on Global Insurance, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, organised by AAMAI (Indonesia Insurance Institute) and Gunadarma University at Yogyakarta, Indonesia from 27-29th July 2017 at Hotel Sheraton.
- Jury Member for 5th National Summit on Institutionalizing Academia-Industry Interface on (• Make in India • Smart Cities • Social Impact), organised on 10 December 2015 by PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industries of India.
- Panelist at the Round Table on “Role of Professionals in Building Responsible Businesses”, held on 10th October 2015, at the Council Room, Institute of Cost Accountants of India, 3 Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- Panelist at the National Seminar “Neki Ki Rail: for improving the Railway’s social footprint and impacting society in a positive manner”, organised by Ministry of Railways, Government of India, on 23 March 2017 at National Rail Museum, Chanayakpuri, New Delhi.
- Session Chair at National Conference on Strategies for Business Excellence, Organised by Delhi Technical Campus, Greater Noida on 09th March 2018.
- Expert Speaker at AKTU sponsored FDP on “Entrepreneurship & Digital India” organised by JSS Academy of Technical Campus, Greater Noida on 30th May 2018.
- Editor- Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility Published by Enriched Publications, New Delhi. ISSN 2347-1735 (Print). Five Volumes published successfully.
- Running website www.freemedicalinfo.in (Medical Information Website) in partnership with two friends. The website is set for public launch in coming months.
- Advisor to IndiaCSR, Sub-Editor- CSR & Competitiveness Monthly Magazine RNI No.: CHHENG00447/33/1/2013-TC.
- Associated with INDIACSR (the largest CSR portal of India www.indiacsr.in) as Editor since April 2012. Supporting their Website optimization, workshops, organizing conferences and seminars.
- Associated with SERD (Society for Education Research & Development) India, for the research & development activities, conferences and seminars.
- Referee for JK Journal of Management & Technology, ISSN: 0975-0924
- Examination Paper setting for BIT Mesra in the Computer Science Subjects.
- North India Regional Champion in the Badminton Doubles, organized by EPFO in year 2007, representing SRO Gurgaon.
- Regular participation in District Level Open Badminton Tournaments.