Things to keep in mind while choosing a PGDM/MBA college
Now that a management career has reigned supremely as your career choice and the only decision that you now have to take is which institute to take admission in, Asia Pacific lays down some golden points which you must consider while making this important choice-
- Accreditation/Approval-Do make sure that the institutes you apply to are approved and recognized by the AICTE and Government of India. Any qualification from an institute without an AICTE recognition stands unrecognised.
- Infrastructure- A management institute must be equipped with a state-of-the art- technological infrastructure, complete with all the latest requirements of the course. It should have well equipped classrooms, a comprehensive library, labs, canteens, hostel facilities and must be technologically updated.
- Faculty- Any management institute thrives only on the kind of education it imparts. A great education is imparted only through an excellent faculty, completed committed and dedicated and fully competent to execute the task it is entrusted of. Do take feedbacks from students who have passed out from the institutes you’re interested in for their opinion.
- Curriculum- A curriculum at par with international standards is always the best to look out for. Always shortlist those institutes which have a global or international outlook in their vision and curriculum. An internationally accepted curriculum is always a safer bet as it has a wider industry acceptance.
- Internships- The success of a management institute depends largely on the kind of internship programmes it provides to its students. Interning with big names in the industry provides the students with hands on exposure about industry work culture and requirements. It also helps them to prepare themselves for pitching for final placements to big corporate.
- Placements- The ultimate goal of a management institute is to land its students with great jobs in reputed organisations. The kind of placement cell an institute has defines the success of the institute. A careful analysis of the placement record can tell us in great detail about the quality of the education and the standard of its outgoing students.
- Extra Curriculars-All work and no play makes everyone dull and bored. A good institute has an adequate mix of extra curriculars for an all round development of its students. Conferences, Workshops, seminars, debates and discussions, industry interactions and so many other live projects keep the students interested and motivated. Do make sure the institutes you apply for have all these 7 pre-requisites for a holistic development of a management student.
- USP’s- What is it that sets one institute apart from the others? Make sure you are able to find out what sets the institute apart from the others, what is its distinguishing factor. It could be location for you, the cost effectiveness of the course, its shift suitability to you or its leadership or alumni status that attract you and help you make the choice.
Asia Pacific Institute scores full points on all the above pre requisites and offers multifarious options for its students. Its distinguished faculty and strict administration works round the clock in the betterment of the institute and the students. A high performing CCR desk ensures quality placements for each of its student and works really hard to provide the best student-industry interface. Asia Pacific requests all students to do a zero ground check on the performance of the institute and then finally make the tough decision.