Call Us On: 1800113334 , 8287252525
Toll Free: 1800 1133 34, 82872 52525 |
Area : Finance and Banking
Experience: 19 years
Ph. D., MBA
Dr. Jana is Ph.D from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. He has completed his Masters in Business Administration from Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University. He has 19 years of teaching and research experience. He has worked with premier Institutes like IMI, New Delhi, IBA, Greater Noida and GLBIMR, Greater Noida & ITS Noida. He has published 17 Research Papers in Nationals and International Journals of repute. He has presented papers in National and International Seminars, some of his papers were selected as best papers in these seminars. He has presented paper at India Finance Conference at Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata. He is a registered Research Guide of Sri Venkateswaria University. One research scholar is pursuing Ph.D under him.
1. Dr. Abdul Aziz Ansari and Samiran Jana, “Stock Price Decision of Indian Investors”, The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol 62, No. 3, July – September 2009, ISSN No.: 0019-512X a SCI listed and Refereed Journal.
2. Dr. Samiran Jana, “Investors’ Sentiment at Indian Stock Market” has been accepted for publication, Global Business Review, ISSN No. 0972-1509, a Scopus and SCI listed and Refereed Journal, Impact factor: 0.211, Sage Pablication.
3. Dr. Samiran Jana, “Integration of Indian Stock markets with other Stock markets of Developed and Developing Countries in the World”, has been submitted for publication in IIMS Journal of Management Sciences, published by Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Shillong.
4. Dr. Abdul Aziz Ansari and Samiran Jana, “Can Indian Indices bear the news of Indian Capital Market”, Al-Barkaat Journal of Finance & Management, Vol-2, January-June 2010, ISSN No. 0974-781. Link
5. Dr. Samiran Jana and Dr. Abdul Aziz Ansari, “Investors Sentiment and Purposes of S&P CNX Nifty”, International Journal of Research in Management, issue 1, volume 3 (November, 2011), with impact factor 2.14, ISSN No. 2249-5908.
6. Dr. Samiran Jana and Dr. K. C. Meher, “On the validity of the weak form of efficient market hypothesis applied to National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange of India (BSE)”, International Journal of Business and Management Tomorrow Vol 2, No. 3, (March 2012), Impact factor: 0.421, ISSN No.: 2249-9962,
7. Dr. Samiran Jana and Dr. K. C. Meher, “Is it possible to avoid noise traders’ effect from stock price: Experience from Indian Market”, International Journal of Research in Management Vol 3, No. 2 May (2012), Impact factor: 2.14, ISSN No. 2249-5908.
8. Dr. Samiran Jana and Dr. K. C. Meher, “Sensex and Whole Sale Price Index of India: Are they Integrated”, Parikalpana-KIIT Journal of Management, Vol 8, 2012, ISSN No. 0974-2808.
9. Dr. K. C. Meher and Dr. Samiran Jana, “Bottom Line of Divested PSE’s in Post Privatization Scenarios”, 4D International Journal of Management and Science, Vol s b3, Issue 1, 2013, ISSN 2250-0669.
10. Dr. Samiran Jana, “Can Indian Stock Index return provide complete hedge against Inflation?”, International Journal of Research in Management Issue-3, Vol. 1, January 2013, Impact factor: 2.14, ISSN No. 2249-5908.
11. Dr. Samiran Jana, “Applicability of Fisher Hypothesis in Indian Capital market”, International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management, Vol no. 3, Issue no 4, (April) ISSN No. 2231-4245.
12. Dr. Samiran Jana, “Applicability of Fisher Hypothesis in Pre and Post reforms era on Indian capital Market”, The International Journal of Management, Vol 2, Issue 2, April 2013, ISSN No. 2277 – 5846. http://www.theijm.com/vol2%20issue2.zip
13. Dr. Samiran Jana and Dr. K. C. Meher, “Inflation and Return of Indian Stock Indices”, IIMT Business Review, Vol: V, Feb 2013, ISSN No 2231-3842.
14. Dr. Samiran Jana, “Relationship between S&P CNX Nifty and Consumer price Index of India”, IIM Journal, Vol. 2 Issue 1, June – Dec 2013.
15. Dr. Samiran Jana, “Relationship between nominal Stock Index return and Inflation: Evidence from post reforms era of Indian Economy”, International Journal of Research Excellence in Management, Vol 2, Issue-1, July 2013, ISSN: 2278-7089, Impact factor: 0.558.
16. Dr. Samiran Jana & Dr. K. C. Meher, “Can Investors’ Sentiment control the Stock Market Return?: Experience from India” Journal of Applied Finance and Economics, Vol-1, Issue-1-2, Jan-Dec-2013.
17. Dr. Samiran Jana, “ Can Indian Inflation Measures Express Broad Market Indices of India?”, International Journal of Engineering and Management Sciences, Vol. 5 (3), July 2014, ISSN No. 2229-600X, Impact factor 0.467.
Conference / Seminar
1. “Feasibility of an educational institute under the constraints of AICTE act and Government regulation” presented in an international seminar on Corporate Governance, at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi in September 20th 2007.
2. “Efficient Market Hypothesis and Stock Trading”, presented in the 32nd national social science congress, on Dec. 18-22, 2008 at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
3. “Purposes of Indian Stock Indices” presented in international conference 2011 on India Immerging, advantages and challenges at Indus Business Academy, Greater Noida.
4. “Is it possible to stop price rigging at Indian Stock Market?”, presented in National seminar on Ethical Imperatives for Contemporary Business Organisation on 20th and 21st January 2012 at I.T.S. Institute of Management, Greater Noida. This was awarded as best paper.
5. “Relationship between stock price and inflation”, presentated in Indian Finance Conference, 2012 (organised by IIM –Kolkata, IIM-Bangalore and IIM-Ahmedabad) at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kolkata on 19 - 21 December 2012.
6. “Inflation and Return of Indian Stock Indices”, has been presented in national seminar on Contemporary Issues in Business Management at IIMT Institute of Management on 23rd February 2013.
7. “Rational trader versus Noise trader in Indian Stock Market: Issues and Challenges” presented in the national conference on Strategies for Sustainable Growth in the Era of Information Technology at GNIT Business School, on 24th November 2012. The paper was published in the seminar compendium.
8. “Applicability of Fisher Hypothesis in Indian Capital Market”, was presented at 5th National Conference on Management Innovation & Supply Chain Strategies (NCMIS), at Galgotia Business School, on 9th March 2013. This was the second best paper at the seminar.
9. “Applicability of Fisher Hypothesis on Pre & Post Reforms era of Indian Capital Market” was presented at national seminar at Indus Business Academy, on 12th and 13th February 2013.
10. “Can Investors’ Sentiment Control the Stock Market Return? Experience from India”, was presented at National Seminar on India Rising: Where are we in the Trajectory, on 4th and 5th October 2013.
11. “Talent Management: Role of HR in Creating Organisational Excellence” was presented at 1st International Conference on Challenges in Management and Information Technology on January 10th 2014.
12. “Relationship between Real Stock Index Return and Inflation: Evidence from India”, was presented at National Seminar on Corporate India 2020: Emerging Business Dynamics on June 6-7 2014.
1. Resource person to a three day (17/4/12-19/4/12) Faculty Development Programme (FDP) at I.T.S. – Institute of Management, Greater Noida on data analysis by using Excel-2007 and SPSS.
2. Resource person to a one day (7/4/12) Faculty Development Programme (FDP) at I.T.S. - Institute of Management, Greater Noida on Economic Survey 2012.
3. Resource person to a one day (10/4/13) Faculty Development Programme (FDP) at I.T.S. – Institute of Management, Greater Noida on data analysis by using Excel-2007 and SPSS.
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management
is a top ranked Business School in India. The
latest Business Today - MDRA survey 2017
ranked the Institute 9th amongst all B schools
in Metro City (Delhi NCR), and 11th amongst
all B schools in North Zone of India.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Fill the forms for the course of admission & we will get back to you very shortly.